4.30.2014

my birthday

Monday night I got to have a lovely girls night with friends. They planned a night at the Grand America to celebrate Jamie and my birthday. There were eight of us and we had such a good time just relaxing and talking and laughing. These girls are beautiful, kind, sweet and funny and I'm so lucky to call them my friends. We ate at the Garden Room and right after we sat down the waitress asked who the birthday girls were and brought out two beautiful flower arrangements! They were from our husbands! It was such a sweet and thoughtful gesture.. good job boys! We ate delicious dinner and then walked to a yummy little place for dessert. Such a fun way to kick off my birthday week!


Friday rolled around and although I was not really looking forward to turning 27, it was a good day. I have no doubt the year ahead holds lots of happy and fun memories to be made.
-Paul and the kids made me breakfast and I got to open some presents! Got some fun things... new shoes, nail polish, and my lovely new diaper bag! Can’t wait to use it. 
-Worked out (haven’t been able to do that lately because of conflicting times with the the kids swim lessons so it felt really good!)  
-Went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point with Missy, Heather, Jamie and company. We picnicked by the waterfall, admired the tulips, played in the fountains and fed the fish. It was lovely.... a little piece of tulip heaven Holland right in our backyard (not that I would know since I haven’t actually been there but I can imagine). It really was beautiful and luckily the rain held out!
-That night I got to have a long date night with Paul. No matter how many birthday come and go one thing will never change: Paul is my favorite person to be with and I loved having him all to myself on my birthday eve. We had a little shopping spree at Ikea (things for the new renovations) and even picked up a KSL find that I have some big plans for. We tried a new place for dinner: “Alamexo” in Salt Lake, yummy Mexican food. We thought about a movie but decided we were too tired. So I came home and had 3 Musketeers and Dr. Pepper for dessert (honestly wouldn’t have picked anything else).



So I’m now older than I have ever been, but I have a fantastic husband, two beautiful children and one on the way, wonderful family and the funnest friends, and a blessed life to show for it... so I guess I’m doing pretty well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment