3.25.2014

CA girls trip

When some of my friends I work with in Young Women's at church asked me if I would be down for a girl's trip I didn't even hesitate to say yes. First of all, who says no to a getaway and second of all I LOVE the ladies I serve with and knew I would have so much fun with them. Five (out of the 8 of us) we able to go and we had a blast! It wasn't your typical lay on the beach and get your toes done type of girls trip... it was really active and jam packed. We played hard and also made sure to find only the yummiest places to eat (I felt like such a foodie on this trip). We laughed a lot and got to know each other better and almost died a few times on the freeways... it was a great weekend.

Wednesday:
Dinner at Open Sesame in Long Beach, checked into our "zen cottage" VRBO in Santa Monica
Thursday:
Went to Malibu for the Zuma beach hike. Beautiful scenery and even saw some whales! Lunch at Howdy's Mexican in Malibu. Drove to Santa Monica pier and rented bikes and rode along Muscle Beach up to Venice beach. That night shopped along 3rd street promenade in Santa Margarita and had dinner at Trastavere Italian restaurant.



Friday:
Drove to Ojai by way of Ventura. At lunch at "The farmer and the cook" organic market. Did a riverbed hike that led to a water hole. The scenery was lovely and we saw a big snake. Stopped in Carpinteria on the way back and went to the beach and shops. Promenade again for dinner at "Tender Greens"
Saturday:
Drove to the Hollywood hills up to the Griffeth conservatory and overlooked all of LA and saw the Hollywood sign. Got cupcakes from the famous "Sprinkles" and they were every bit as delicious as i hoped. Drove around and looked at houses in Beverly Hills and walked along Rodeo Drive. Drove to Long Beach for lunch at Simmzy's then back to the airport.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you just lived my CA life. LA is the best!!! I'm glad you loved my home :)

    ReplyDelete