3.13.2014

week review

I had to get the oil changed in my car which I absolutely detest doing and will avoid at any cost. I just hate being trapped while they work on my car and even more so with two little kids to entertain. So I had been putting it off and Paul told me I realized I had to just get it done. A luck would have it, it was the same day that IHOP was doing their free pancake day! And as further luck would have it, there was an IHOP right by the car place. Tender mercies. So we got to enjoy a delicious breakfast for lunch while our car was getting fixed. Pancakes for Caitlin, hashbrowns and sausage for me, and eggs for Nolan.
 Wednesday night (3/5) Paul had a work event up at the St. Regis in Deer Valley. They had dinner and then skiing the next day with clients. He was so sweet to arrange for me to come up and meet him for the night. The St. Regis is situated at the top o fa mountain at Deer Valley so to get up to it when I got there I rode their gondola up the mountain which was fun and a spectacular view even at night.  I was able to run some errands, come to the hotel room and get some dinner and watch some shows and relax. Paul came when he was done with his dinner and getting an uninterrupted nights sleep was heavenly. Not having to jump out of bed and make anyone breakfast in the morning was so nice. I even got room service breakfast for myself! I'm so lucky that Paul is so aware of when I could use a break (which lets face it is just about anytime) and that he seeks out and arranges things for me. I'm the luckiest.
Thursday we had Bella over to play. Nolan is obsessed with her and wants to follow her around wherever she goes and do everything with the girls and Bella will barely give him the time of day. I caught this funny sequence of pics while I was trying to take a picture of the girls and nolan kept creeping in:
 On Saturday Paul and I went to a new Bikram yoga studio in the morning for a class and it was quite the experience! Paul LOVED it and has gone back since, I wasn't so sure. I would probably go back but not for awhile.. it was much too hot for this pregnant lady!
Later that day Caitlin and I had a special date to paint at Color Me Mine. We painted porcelain eggs and it was really fun. Caitlin picked out the eggs to be the things we painted and she wanted to do hers completely on her own and she did. She did great. I love being with her and just chatting. She was so sad that we had to leave them there for them to put in the kiln. They turned out super cute though when we got to pick them up a few days later.
That night Paul and I had dinner in Deer Valley with the Gardners.
Sunday was a beautiful day, and also daylight savings. We were shocked when Caitlin came in our room saying she couldn't sleep anymore and I looked at my phone to see that it was 8:30 AM! We rushed to get ready for our 9 AM church meetings and commented on how it was so nice to sleep in and what had brought that upon the kids? It wasn't until we got to church and saw my clock in the car that I finally remembered it was daylight savings. I'm actually glad though because we started with such a more positive attitude by thinking that we had slept in rather than thinking about being woekn up an hour early. Paul and I both taught lessons in church. Mine was on "How the Atonement can help us through Trials" and I based it primarily on Elder Bednar's amazing talk "The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality". I really enjoyed reading it and thinking about the atonement and specifically thinking about what happened in the Garden of Gethsemane. Later we went for a family RZR ride, and then picked up Christine from the airport!

We had a really fun time with Christine up here for a few days. She did some hard core house hunting and luckily on the last day it paid off and she found a great home. Fingers crossed that everyone plays nice and they can come to a good agreement and move here ASAP! We had lots of late night talks and trips to Utah faves like zupas, the waffle truck, jdawgs and slurp. We could not be more excited to have the Meads in our neck of the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment