2.20.2014

Cortney: 3 months along

We are pregnant! We are going to have 3 kids! We are all so excited.

Something I haven't shared on here yet:
In October I had a miscarriage. I don't need to go into the details but it was hard for us and a situation that can only be described as heart breaking. I recovered fine and was ready to move on and anxious to see what would happen in the future and bringing baby #3 to us when the time was right.

On January 6th I took a pregnancy test. I just know when I'm pregnant. Paul didn't think so but as I showed him the positive test I said "I always know!"We were overjoyed that we were able to get pregnant again so fast, now was the scary thought that the pregnancy may fail again. My doctor's office got right into getting me blood tests and scheduling an ultrasound.

Everything was looking good and on January 15th we got to go into the doctor for an early ultrasound. It was an amazing feeling when she showed us our little wriggly blueberry and we heard the heartbeat... a sound that was so painfully absent a few months before. I tried to hold back tears of relief and gratitude as Caitlin asked the ultrasound tech "Did you find a baby in my mommy's tummy?" At the ultrasound I was 7 weeks.


I'm now 12 weeks along and finished with my first trimester! I've gone to the doctor another time and got yet another ultrasound and things continue to look great! As every paranoid mama knows, you are never completely out of the woods a far as things that can happen but we feel confident and faithful that this pregnancy will continue to progress and we are so incredibly excited to have another sweet baby come join our family.

The first trimester was not easy. This has definitely been my hardest pregnancy so far, I'm sure only heightened by the fact that I already have two others at home demanding my time, patience and energy. Morning sickness, nausea, stomach aches, extreme food aversion, fatigue, and yes even the dreaded throwing up have been the name of the game. Usually about once a week we just stay home and I do as little as possible. Otherwise I usually feel ok in the morning/early afternoon and then I'm ready to snuggle down with the kids by naptime.

With all that being said, I rather be sick and know that I am still pregnant than be unsure and worried. And it is a huge relief that I know for certain every second of pain or sickness is worth it when it comes to my babies! I'm grateful that my kids have been good on our long days at home and that they play so well together and also grateful that Paul is so helpful and considerate.    

Here's to hoping things improve from here! I'm due September 4th. My due date with Caitlin was actually September 3rd, so it will be similar timing... aka a very pregnant summer but hopefully not too close of birthdays! The countdown has begun...


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!!!! Sorry to hear about the miscarriage and the sadness you had to go through. A mama of 3! Crazy! Love you

    ReplyDelete