10.09.2013

joys of motherhood: September

-At Costco I grabbed a box of peaches and put them in the cart. As soon as Nolan saw them he started pointing and saying "oo oo oooh" So I thought ok fine and gave him one and right away he took a huge bit out of it! It was a huge peach, and he had that whole peach gobbled up and was gnawing on the pit by the time we checked out and got to the car.
 -I was waiting in line to return something at Wal Mart with both of the kids in the cart. There was a lady in front of me that looked maybe 50 and then a younger guy. We are all just standing there waiting for our turn and the guy turned to the lady and asked if WE were her kids! She turned to look and us and then said "No.. they're hers." the guy just said oh ok sorry and the two of them kept talking for awhile. I stood there not really knowing what to think of what had just happened.
Later that same day I went to a doctor's appointment (without my kids) and a nurse came in to take my blood pressure, etc. He was maybe about 25 and we had the following conversation:
Him: so are you all settled back into school?
me: {long pause} me? (obviously me there is no one else in the room) Oh, I'm not in school. I mean I already graduated.
him: oh that's so lucky you're done, it's so hard to get through. Good for you.
me: oh, yah.... i graduated like almost 5 years ago, I have two kids.
him: oh! wow... {another long pause} so how old are your kids? (and back peddling from there....)
-Me to Caitlin: "Is Nolan your buddy?"
Caitlin: "No he's my prince"
-Caitlin had just finished a smoothie from Costco and let out a huge burp in the car. I said "Caitlin!" and she said, "Oh Mom, that was just a little bit of smoothie but it's okay"
-Nolan is sweaty after 2 seconds or doing anything physical.
-Nolan has two favorite stuffed animals he loves. Mickey and Pooh. He has to have them to sleep and usually insists on bringing them out of the crib with him in the morning. He gives them loves and they always make him so happy when he sees them! We call them "his guys" And sometimes before nap I'll say "get your guys" and he goes and picks them up and follows me into his room.
-Nolan also loves: balls, being outside, hats, and brushing his teeth with the electric toothbrush
-Nolan loves playing cars and he drives them around and says "vroom vroom"
-Let it be known that we brought home two goldfish from Matt and Cassie's luau. We had them in a bowl and got fish food for them and Caitlin named them Kippie and Polka Dot. Kippie lasted about 3 days and Polka Dot lasted a week. Caitlin and I had a long talk about death and what that means when Kippie died. Oddly enough she never even noticed when Polka Dot disappeared... guess we know which one was her favorite. And i guess we have further proven we are not good pet people.
-I have a feeling forts will become a very regular part of our life once the weather gets colder:


No comments:

Post a Comment