7.21.2013

texas: part 1

The kids and I were in Texas for 3 weeks. Paul joined us for one of them and a few other days here and there. It was a very full and fun vacation! Three weeks sounds like so long but it went by so fast! We enjoyed the heat, food, family and fun each day of it.

*Let me preface these Texas posts by saying I was horrible with taking good pictures. I basically only used my phone camera. Don't know why i didn't have my other camera around more, but it is what it is... Don't know what i would do without my iphone!

The first week was spent in Dallas with my parents. They were nice enough to agree to caravan down with me. So we had 2 cars and 4 drivers and we all swapped around. It was a long 19 hours but we made it (thanks to the fact that my dad knows the way like the back of his hand and he is an excellent lead driver, and we had a radar detector). We got there late Sunday night and spent the next week swimming, relaxing, shopping, watching movies, wagon rides and playing outside (in no particular order). 

 Some highlights:
-The kids got so much more comfortable in the water as the week progressed. They logged a lot of time in the pool and loved every second of it.
-Caitlin slept in one of the bedrooms by herself and called it her princess room.
-My parents still own a VHS player and Caitlin loved watching older movies that she had never seen before. 
-Both kids loved all the stuffed animals we have in our old rooms. Caitlin hoarded all the Winnie the poohs of all different sizes and Nolan totally thought some little doggies were real. He was a little scared at first but when he discovered he could pet them without interference he was thrilled.
-Nolan became quite the climber and demonstrated in in every way possible.
-We visited the Grapevine Sea Life Aquarium. Both kids are big fans of looking at fish, so naturally it was a hit.
-I convinced my dad to make our traditional home made "Triple Treat Ice Cream" for Sunday dinner, we usually make it for the 4th of July. It was delicious.




The kids loved being outside so much and exploring my parents house and getting all the attention. I loved relaxing during naptimes by the pool. We saw my grandparents some also. My parents are always so accommodating and my kids have so much fun with them. They love having us there and we can tell. We did lots of fun things but didn't cram too much in so it was a nice and slow paced trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment