3.22.2013

so long, farewell

This weekend I had my first ever mom away from home trip to go to Texas for Cassie's farewell. We figured if the reason I was going was to hear Cassie speak in church.. I would probably want to be able to actually listen and I'm not always able to listen the best with my kids (shocking i know). Paul so nicely agreed to be Mr. Mom for the weekend.

Everyone survived the weekend, Paul did a great job with the kids. They had a lot of fun together and he of course had to encounter a few bumps along the way (sleepless nights, wetting the bed... Just typical things) and I had a wonderful time at home getting plenty of rest, enjoying the amazing weather, and having lots of fun!

I got there late Thursday night, on Friday I slept in then we went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory with my mom and Cassie and another friend at town square then walked around and went to a few stores. That evening we went to the Kimbell art museum to see the Bernini exhibit. It featured the latest collection of clay sculptures that were used to create Bernini's large sculptures. Bernini is my favorite sculptor... I fell in love with his work when I went to Italy in high school so it was fun to see them and reminisce about Italy and art history.

Saturday we ran a few errands to get ready for Sunday and then that evening we went to Pappadeaux restaurant for dinner and it was delicious!!

Sunday was the big day. Church was wonderful and I was indeed able to listen and truly feel the spirit. Cassie did a wonderful job speaking and brought tears to my eyes. Her mission will no doubt have its share of difficult experiences but she is ready to face them and she has a testimony of the gospel that is both sweet and inspiring. I'm so proud of her and so excited to see what she faces. After the rest of church we went back home and had a luncheon. Several of my parent's old missionaries from Spain had come with their families as well as my grandparents and Stewart, Lorraine and Christine. We mingled, ate, told lots of mission stories, and even sang hymns with a few at the end. It was fun to visit with everyone.


BTW...


I so enjoyed being able to talk and spend time with my family. We missed Chelsea being there and I also missed Paul and the kids but I'm very glad that I was able to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment