1.07.2012

18 weeks

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this pregnancy is so different from Caitlin's. I don't know if it's because it's my second or if it's because it's a boy, maybe both. Either way, time is moving along so quickly that i can't believe this little baby will be here before we know it. I am more excited and my to-do list grows everyday. Here's a little update:
-I felt him move at about 16 weeks. Still only small movements which i mostly feel in the morning and at night but i love feeling him. It's so assuring and exciting at the same time.Paul felt him for the first time last night.. he's getting stronger!
-I had a not-so-little shopping spree while we were in Texas and got some great deals on clothes. He's pretty much set for the first year of his life (although I'm sure that won't stop me from buying more). I'm actually having a lot of fun buying boy clothes, much to Paul's dismay I'm sure... as it turns out whichever gender of baby we have they are fun to spend money on!
-We think we have decided on a name, although Paul says he is still open to ideas. But I'm like 98% set on it so I don't think it'll change.
-Overall I'm feeling a lot better and starting to actually gain some weight. It was nice to not have to worry about what to eat during the holidays and mostly just concentrate on getting enough to eat in general. Also nice that i didn't have to cook for myself during the holidays (that always helps). I still have some lingering tummy aches and I swear I had Braxton Hicks contractions on the airplane on the way home from Texas, I know it seems early but whatever it was.. it was painful.
-On a selfish note: I'm trying to grow my hair out and thought now would be the perfect time with taking prenatals and everything and it's not happening. It's not growing fast at all! So dissapointed. 
-My belly is growing bigger everyday and I am slowly moving into the baby-belly opposed to fat-belly stage, depending on what I'm wearing.


No comments:

Post a Comment