5.09.2011

home tour: Caitlin's Room

This may be my favorite room in the house. There is so much emotion wrapped into this room: the anticipation while picking everything out of welcoming a new baby, the memories of finding each little touch and perfect thing to go in the perfect spot, and now all these memories of Caitlin in her room and the cute things she does. I cried when I brought her home from the hospital and showed her her room. I just couldn't believe that after all the work and preparation, she was here and she was actually going to be living with us. She really knows her room. When we moved into this house, she was a little unsettled for a few days because she knew she was somewhere different, but one of the first things we did the night we moved in was set up her room as much as we could. As she saw her bed come in and be set up, she relaxed and slept soundly that night. I love how much she recognizes and loves her room. I wanted this room to be a little bit vintage and very girly, with touches of Beatrix Potter, (especially Peter cotton tail). It all stemmed off the three framed prints of Peter Cotton tail that I found at Savers years before we even thought about getting pregnant. I loved them and I knew I wanted to base a nursery off of them, and things went from there. I may eventually paint the walls a light pink above the wainscoting. (And I really had to give myself a pat on the back when I walked past Pottery Barn kids in the mall and saw THIS)
 
 
 
 
credits= crib: Target, nightstand and dresser: recycled and refinished w/ Martha Stewart paint and knobs are from Hobby Lobby and Zara, crib bedding: custom made by Lori Pelton, chair: Lee Industries in "Pippin Glacier" fabric from Gatehouse No. 1, pillow in crib: pier 1, lamp: Target, rug: pottery barn kids, most other accessories were re-purposed, made or found at Savers/D.I. (Ask about anything not listed)  

3 comments:

  1. Caitlin's bedroom is absolutely adorable! I love the bedskirt! Those big floral spheres are so cool too, and the variety of knobs. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cort, your photo taking skills are incredible!! i am super impressed and her room is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like something out of a magazine! :) absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete