4.26.2011

one year older and wiser too

i turned 24. I had a great day, thanks to an amazing husband, family and friends. I felt truly loved with all the phone calls, text messages gifts and kind acts.
-it started with sleeping in and breakfast in bed (oatmeal and scrambled eggs and fresh squeezed juice.. exactly what i wanted) Then when i came into the kitchen i saw some amazing cupcakes that Paul had whipped up for me! He is quite skilled.
-then i went for a jog and came back and did a few things while Caitlin napped.
-met up with Paul for lunch and went to Happy Sumo
-Caitlin and I went and visited Cassie at her new apartment
-met back up with Paul and played some games at the Provo Beach Resort, turns out i'm kind of ok at shuffleboard!
-met up with a bunch of our friends at Pizza Factory for a big group dinner. Unfortunately it wasn't the best day for Caitlin, so she spent most of dinner crying (that whole teething thing is rough!) but other wise it was so fun to see everyone and get to talk and mingle and of course eat those delicious breadsticks. I really appreciate everyone who took the time to come.
-Mike & Jenna, Cassie & Chase came back to our house with us for cupcakes and opening presents. I got some great things from friends and family and from Paul i got a total surprise: a new camera! I was secretly hoping for one because i've been having lots of problems with my old one and i've been so jealous of the amazing clear shots that other people were taking so i've been saying forever that i want "a good camera" and i can't believe i got it! I've already taken so many pictures and read the 200 page manual (although some of it was a little over my head because i don't know all the lingo yet) all i know is i love it! As if i didn't already take enough pictures, i will be upping that number by about a million.

Paul asked me first thing if i felt older and wiser and i said "not older, but probably a little wiser" conceited? no. it's been a big year for me! i would hope wiser... I've become a mother, a homeowner, and hopefully a better wife and friend. Here's to getting wiser in the year to come!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, happy birthday! Your new camera looks similar to mine that I got for Christmas! May your year be awesome, Cortney!

    ReplyDelete