4.24.2011

I then went to Austin and was there for about a week and then Paul came down too! He had to come down for work so of course I wanted to stay longer! Austin was so much fun. Lorraine, Christine and I were like the 3 musketeers, along with the babies. We did almost everything together and had so much fun and adventures. We also go to do things with the rest of the family of course: Stewart, Rebekah, and Chris.
We went for walks, wagon rides, took the babies swimming for their first time, went hot tubbing, went out to eat, shopped, laid out, went to a movie, (tried) to go boating, and went downtown to eat our way through the Austin food trailers. We also celebrated my birthday a little early and we got to go out to dinner and i got some awesome presents and cake. The Easter bunny even came a little early for us.
We also had some grand adventures such as: discovering the boat engine had a crack in it when we found cream toothpaste-like stuff all over it once we had been on the lake for about 10 minutes. We barely made it back to the dock to load it up on the trailer. We also got rear-ended TWICE! the first time we were just sitting at a red light, had been stopped for awhile when we felt our car be tapped from behind. luckily (for us) the kid that tapped us was in a low car so he had actually just ran into the hitch of our car and there was no damage (for us). Then the very next day we were sitting on the off ramp of the freeway when we heard screeching tires and then we got slammed. This guy had been going to fast and realized it so he tried to switch lanes but couldn't do it fast enough. We got a huge dent in our trunk and everyone was jolted. the babies were crying and it was a scary couple of moments. Luckily everyone was fine and we were able to settle everything pretty quickly. But what are the chances?! They say things come in threes so hopefully they won't be having any more vehicle problems for awhile.
I also got really inspired by my Mother in Law when i was down there to start running more. I am NOT a runner, but 'm gonna try it out. While we were there, she completed a half marathon and we were so proud of her. I really want to do one now. So for most of my birthday presents, i got new running shoes and workout clothes and i'm going to start training for a half marathon! Part of me is excited and part of me is wondering what in the heck i committed myself to.
And here come the pictures:
All in all, it was an awesome trip. I'm so glad i got to go down and spend so much quality time with both families. My parents are so cute with Caitlin, they are just obsessed and i love it, and the Dicksons are always so fun to be with. I'm so glad i have in-laws that i feel comfortable just going and visiting without my hubby. Christine always makes me laugh so hard and Cason is the cutest little chunk, so happy and easy going. The whole trip totally made me want to move to Texas.
Especially when i got home to Utah and the high for the day was 45. That's ok, i'll survive... as long as i can keep having my Aprils in Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Lorraine had told me you were there visiting in Austin! What a fun time you all had! Good luck with the running. It's hard to get into it sometimes, but once you get in a good routine, {which I have been in before, but am NOT in at present, my little disclaimer}, you will love the feeling you have when you do it on a regular basis. It's a hard concept if you haven't run in forever. Good luck with it! I want to do a half marathon one day too. Your mother-in-law is awesome. I love having her as one of my best friends.

    ReplyDelete