3.28.2011

for a good cause

Saturday night Paul and I were invited to attend a charity event hosted by the Forever Young Foundation (Steve Young's Foundation) with all the proceeds going to Adaptive Sports Foundation -- a company that makes sports possible for people with mental and physical disabilities, a really cool foundation that is changing lives. The event was up at Snowbird and there was a silent auction/mingling at the beginning and then a sit down dinner with a live auction and presentations. It was really fun to have a night out with Paul and eat delicious food and bet on outrageous things for fun and talk with people. But really, let's cut to the chase here: YES!! I MET STEVE YOUNG!!
Paul had already met him a few times (The charity that Paul helps run, African Equity, does a lot of things in conjunction with the Forever Young Foundation) so he remembered Paul but for me this was a first. Steve Young is a BIG DEAL for me. I grew up watching him play football, and he played at BYU and then for my grandpa's favorite team, the 49ers, AND he's Mormon! In my 10 year old mind: he was IT. Ok so maybe my requirements for the dream guy have evolved a little since then but that's not to say I wasn't super stoked to meet him.There were lots of other professional athletes there, and even some Olympians, it was a great night with some great people for a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment