5.17.2009

a sad farewell

On Friday, Jeff and Melissa moved back to Texas. I feel like it hasn't quite hit me yet that we will no longer be living by each other. They have been such a constant in our lives since paul and i were dating and we have experienced pretty much everything side by side over the past few years. It's going to be SO weird having them gone. Plus i'm so jealous that they get to move back to Texas! They are the best brother and sister -in law and best friends anyone could ask for... always willing to help, or to listen, their door is always open and they are always ready to hang out and have fun anytime.
I will miss: telling Melissa all my dramas, hearing all of hers and about her crazy patients, our talks in general, doing EVERYTHING together, sharing dinners, playing games, going EVERYWHERE together, just being able to walk in their house anytime, having melissa as like my main friend at church, watching the boys do silly/funny/dumb stuff together, going on motorcycle rides together (scooter for us, dirt bike for them), having Jeff to always call as my back-up if i can't get a hold of Paul, watching all of our shows together (most specifically The Bachelor/Bachelorette and dancing shows that only Melissa and i enjoy and 24), and the list goes on and on.
My only saving grace is that we will see them in about a month when we go down there. I love you and i will miss you both so much! Thanks for the good times.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice post! I know Jeff and Melissa will miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cortney this was so sweet. It definitely made me cry. We have been missing you guys so much. I still just want to walk on over to your house and watch the bachelor. It feels weird that we can't. I feel like all the memories I have over the last 3 years have you and Paul in them. We had so many fun times together. Thanks for always taking the time to listen to me. I was so grateful to have you as one of my best friends. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete