3.05.2009

learning to breathe...under water

For Christmas Paul and I got money to get scuba certified so we've been taking our lessons and this week we had our fist pool dives. This was our first time to be in the water with our scuba gear actually scuba-ing! It was a little scary! I had one freak-out moment when i was supposed to drop my breathing regulator then find it again and clear all the water out and put it back to breathe from... i found my regulator ok but then when i cleared it sent bubbles everywhere and totally filled up my mask with water so i couldn't see and i was afraid i was going to start sucking up water. Luckily, we were sitting in like 4 foot deep water so i just popped up and got re-situated. After that i started getting more used to breathing and clearing my mask and things came together. It's just weird to actually have to remind yourself to inhale and exhale. I think all in all im just more of a land-above-the-water-breathing-normal-air type person, but I do think it will be way fun when we actually get to go somewhere and see things and enjoy our time underwater. I'm sure i'll really enjoy seeing the fishes and everything instead of the sides of a pool.

2 comments:

  1. i miss your flashback fridays. bring those back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this looks so cool. i've always wanted to scuba dive.

    ReplyDelete