10.13.2015

joys of motherhood: september

A lot of times my kids say something funny and I think "Oh i gotta write that down. I'll remember that for sure." And then sure enough by the time I think to write it down I don't remember. I hate that feeling. The feeling that mom brain won again. Oh well, here's what I got:

Nolan is pure confidence. He's not always super competitive but he is aggressive and it's as if there's no question that he could do something. We were at the park and there were a few older boys running around and Nolan just walked up and said "Guys I'm faster than you. I'm faster." And ran off. Like where did that come from and why did he feel the need to assert his dominance? We'll never know.

Caitlin: is obsessed with doing her makeup right now. She always wants to have a full face of makeup and she'll sneak it in her room or do makeovers for her friends or anyone she can get her hands on. She loves makeup and everything that goes with it. I think it's so cute but I also don't want my 5 year old going out everyday with electric blue eyeshadow and hot pink lips. So we try to take it in moderation if we are going in public.  She knows certain parts of my makeup routine that I will usually say yes to and will always ask for eyeshadow or blush or, my favorite, a little "brownzer"

Nolan says, "When I grow up I'm going to be a dad and a firefighter and a cowboy." Sounds like a winning combination if you ask me.

Usually the kids are pretty good about telling me about their day at school. I get a few things out and then more comes out as the day goes along. This was my school conversation with Nolan the other day:
me: Nolan what was your best thing at school today?
N: When I met a real live ninja turtle.
Really? You did?
Yup.
Really?
No. I didn't.
So what was really your best thing today?
When my teacher took us to the farm and we saw a horse and a cow.
Really? Oh like maybe you sang about it in old McDonald's?
No. We didn't do that.
So what'd you do?
We all took a trip to the moon. My whole  class. And we even took real astronauts! They were our parents.

...Either he has an active imagination or his teacher is the best preschool teacher ever.


There is a biulding being built right by the kids' school and the other day when we drove past it was just being framed so it was full of vertical wood beam being framed in and not much else. I asked the kids, "What do you think they are building right here?" Caitlin answered, "It looks like I think it's gonna be a zoo!" Immediately all the other kids jumped on board. "Yah they will keep the animals behind those bars and they will have bears and lions...." I was laughing so hard because I could totally see how they would think they were building a bunch of big cages.

The other day I asked the kids if we should have another baby now that Maverick is getting bigger and walking and they both said "Yes but this time we need to get a girl one."

No comments:

Post a Comment