8.19.2015

joys of motherhood: july

This month was was full of so many joys, although I wasn't quite as good about documenting them. Here are a few to remember:

On the first Sunday of the month, our congregation holds a "testimony meeting" where any member can come to the pulpit and share special experiences, their gratitude and testimony of the gospel that they know to be true. Caitlin decided that she wanted to try. Paul asked her if she knew what she wanted to sat and she said yes. He walked up to the front with her and she confidently  stepped up to the mike and bore a sweet and simple testimony.  She said she loved her family, loved jesus and she was glad to come to church. She did it all by herself and I of course had tears in my eyes.   

Nolan tries to drag out bedtime with anything possible every night. He loves to be told stories and when I say "no more stories but ill sing you a song" he says "ok I want a song about..." and makes up these elaborate character and plot lines that I am supposed to sing about. Usually involving several cars and their dialogue from the movie. He is adamant so I basically sing a story to him and it seems to work. It's like "Cars: the musical" every night in Nolan's room.   

Caitlin wore a black and white dress and she kept saying "I just look like a zebra! I'm just like a zebra!" Then she stopped and said "But, I'm like a human zebra because human zebras can still talk and wear jewelry and stuff. So I'm ok, I'm a human zebra." You make it work for you girl.  
There's a popular song right now by Andy Grammer that says, "nah nah honey I'm good.." (singing about turning down a drink but whatever). I asked Nolan to do something (pick something up or come over, something like that) and his response was "nah nah honey I'm good" sung really quietly. I said "what?" and he sang it a little louder for me. I couldn't help but laugh!


"Good parenting is largely the art of being a supreme opportunist" Marjorie Hinckley 
I might add being really good at distraction as well

No comments:

Post a Comment