11.10.2014

A High Seas Halloween

Halloween was a non-stop day this year and it was a blast:
-pumpkin pancakes for breakfast
-Preschool Halloween party for Caitlin, the grocery store for me and the boys (I always think we are going to run out if candy then I bought way to much this year) then the kids helped me make gingersnaps.















-Trick or Treat at Vivint. There were a ton of people there and the kids had fun running around with their friends and talking to everyone. One of Paul's co workers (Tessa) dressed up as Paul and it was pretty funny.
-Trick or Treating in our neighborhood. We stuck to our 3 closest streets and the kids were running from house to house. Chelsea and Tyler and Zoey came up too and my Grandparents came up and passed out candy back at our house. We took the RZR to the farthest houses. The kids were good at saying "Trick or Treat" and "thank you" and any other comments they felt like. Nolan started asking everyone if he could come into their house. And Caitlin went up to one of our friends houses who said "hi Caitlin!" And she said "what? You know my name?!" As if she was so un-recognizable in her costume. Maverick slept in the stroller for most of it. The weather was PERFECT. Not even a chill in the air it felt amazing and made it so pleasant to be out!
-Finally: the costumes. Our theme this year was "the high seas" Caitlin was a mermaid, Nolan was a pirate and Maverick was a fish. I loved how all their costumes turned out and they loved them too! Caitlin was ALL ABOUT the makeup, so she got to have eyeshadow and lipstick and sparkles and she totally loved it. I bought her costume, made her headband and added the necklaces.

Nolan has been into pirates lately and he will say "ahoy mateys" and sing "yo ho a pirates life for me" so I picked up his costume and added the socks and bandana. He wasn't sure about wearing his costume at first but then once I gave him his sword he found his true pirate character and was all about it!
I made Maverick's costume from a baby nightgown, added the felt tail and fins. When we put him on the ottoman to take his picture he was wriggling around on his tummy and he really did kind of look like a fish. Just keep swimming...
Paul and our friends had our annual couples Halloween party on November 1st. We had the hardest time picking costumes so I finally asked Caitlin what she thought we should be and she said "you should be ninions!" with a giggle. So we were "ninions from spica me" ...AKA minions from despicable me. The party was so much fun, lots of food and funny games and funny people. I found my secret talent of sliding an oreo down my face into my mouth with no hands in record time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment