7.02.2012

joys of motherhood: June

I feel like i have already done quite a bit of (over)sharing on my joys of motherhood this month, but here are a few more little things for good measure.
-Caitlin can now reach our doorknobs and open doors.. this is a whole new world for us. She has fully escaped out the front door once without me knowing and that was the scariest minute and a half of my life once i realized she as gone and not in the house until i found her sitting on our front porch step. Don't worry i keep all the outside doors locked now 24-7. 
-Caitlin is my human baby monitor. Anytime she hears the slightest peep out of Nolan she yells "baby!!" and goes tearing into his room. It's really cute but I'm thinking it's going to be a problem if he ever becomes a lighter sleeper.
-The other day we were outside playing and I was holding Nolan but Caitlin was playing on our play place and insisted on being lifted in and out of the swings and up to hold onto the bar.. so there i was holding my baby in one arm and lifting Caitlin with the other. I definitely got a workout and i'm sure would have been very entertaining to watch.
-This morning I woke up and looked in the monitor at Caitlin. She wasn't crying but i could hear her making noise so i knew she was awake. The noise? It was her saying "two... go!" (her version of "1..2..3!" + "ready..set..go!") and then doing front roll somersaults across her crib.
-Caitlin is really into picking her nose. So gross. Of course I'm trying to put the kabosh on that as soon as possible but unfortunately I feel like this phase lasts awhile.
-at any given point in time, we usually have about 3-5 pairs of Caitlin's shoes out around our house. she LOVES shoes and wants to put them on and change them out all the time. 
-Caitlin has been really into putting on socks too. Mostly just at bedtime she will get her jammies on then open her sock drawer and demand to have them on. So we put them on her and put her to sleep and by morning she wakes up like this:
 socks on her hands. This has happened a few times now. So weird!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, these are just too funny! I literally laughed out loud. If I had to choose my favorite it would be the picking her nose one.
    Also, Cason is really into shoes as well but he doesn't know how to put them on very well, so he gets mad and wants me to do it over and over again and it gets annoying, so I actually have his shoes up high so he can't get them. Your way nicer than me.

    ReplyDelete