3.28.2012

proud owners

We got a new car! Wow it's been quite the process... deciding whether or not to sell our old one... having no luck selling it... then having tons of offers and selling it more quickly than we thought... figuring out what new car we wanted... finding that car... finding that the car we wanted was in California and having to have it sent to us... waiting for over a week to actually get it... etc. etc. But alas, the bigger picture: We were successful in selling our old car and finding a new one and we new have a BEAUTIFUL new car to cruise around in. I love it and I am so excited to call it my own.

We absolutely LOVED our Highlander, and after 6 years of driving it, it was still a wonderful car. So many good memories with that car. But we were closely approaching that scary 100,000 mile mark and had a few other minor problems with it so we decided to not take our chances. And plus how appropriate that we got a new car a few months before our first baby was born and now we'll have a new one to bring the next one home in?! (Purely coincidental.. don't think that this is our pattern/plan for life).

I'm not a huge car person, i don't consider myself to be super picky or knowledgeable about cars but whenever i do have my say, i wish for two things: heated seats and chrome detailing. That's just what spells dream car to me. Well.. Check and check my friends. I've made it. My dream car. (It's also got some other cool features like a back-up cam, sunroof, roll-down back window and flip up third row seat...)

So that's our good news. Proud owners of a 2011 Toyota 4Runner. Worth the wait and anxiety for a happy and beautifully filled garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment