2.10.2010

a couple of sickos over here

First of all, Paul got a sinus infection on Sunday. It is bad. and caused us to miss our big superbowl party which we were very sad about. I've been desperately trying not to get sick from him, until today when my day went like this:
10:00 woke up not only to my alarm clock but to an insanely stuffy nose and head, sore throat, headache tummy ache.
10:45 still wasn't out of bed, even though i was supposed to work at 11:30
10:46 called work to see if i could come in later, and was told that if i don't feel better i can have the day off. Ended up taking my first sick day ever.
12:30 woke back up. Made Paul make me an orange julius and a bagel and cream cheese. Thank goodness for my amazing husband.
Spent the rest of the day experiencing the same types of aches and pains (along with other symptoms I've got goin on right now, but that's for another day) in addition to this, Paul still feels horrible.
We spent a good part of the day sharing complaints with each other while sitting bundled in blankets across from each other on opposite sides of the couch.
I'm supposed to be napping right now and I'm too tired and groggy to sleep. i hate that feeling. So, i decided to come and complain on my blog instead. lucky you.
I hope we both pull out of this very soon. And i hope someone miraculously drops off dinner on our doorstep. Hey, I can dream even if I can't sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick! :( That is no fun...especially in your situation. ;)

    I would love to bring you two sick kids some dinner! I can tomorrow if you're still feeling yucky... I am planning on making spinach stuffed shells, if that sounds any good to you (if not I have a few other meal plans as well). Give me a call or shoot me an email if you want me to. I would love to come see you anyway, so it would be a good excuse to come by.

    Hope you guys start feeling better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get feeling better (and Paul too) There will be no dinner dropped off as I don't know your address...However, if you text it too me, who knows. I make a mighty mean and delicious soup. love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you at the superbowl party. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad. I hope you get feeling better. If I still lived there I would bring you over some food!!!

    ReplyDelete