11.20.2015

a SUPER Halloween

Having Halloween on a Saturday meant it was a long and full weekend!

The 30th: During the day we went to Gymnastics, came home and got changed into the kids' costumes. They were so excited for their class Halloween parties at preschool and they had a great time. Played games and did a costume parade and got to pass out treats to all their friends and of course get some in return. After school we got lunch and then went to vivint for their family trick or treating! There was a great turn out and lots of fun to see everyone. There were fun games set up and of course way too much candy. The kids look forward to trick or treating at Dad's work every year.

That night we had a big Halloween party in the Mead's backyard and it was so much fun. Bounce house, cotton candy, fire pit, chili, food, toilet paper mummies, donuts off a string and pin the spider on the web. It was a blast. There was something for everyone and the kids ran wile hopped up on cotton candy and sugar from the day's events. We popped a hole in the bounce house (luckily towards the end) and partied hard. It got pretty cold but no one seemed to mind. It was a wild night!



Halloween Day I woke up early and went with my neighbor Kathryn to run the Haunted Half! I had signed up for it awhile ago but never quite found the time to get out and run to train (I had been working out though). I told myself after just having done a full marathon, a half would seem easy and refreshing and there was no reason that I should not get my best time. I set out with that intention and made myself run as fast and hard as I could. The course was not very easy, some rolling hills and a steep climb at mile 12.5 but I stayed ahead of the pacers and would not let myself slow down. Paul and the kids met me at the finish line with cute posters and I crossed right at 2:00 according to the clock so I was nervous to see my actual chip time since I knew it'd be close. I got the print out and: 1:59 !!!!! My best time ever and finally under that 2 hour mark! So so happy.

Caitlin loved her sparkly supergirl costume ("NOT superwoman, superGIRL" she would correct anyone who made that mistake) and perhaps more than her costume she loved getting to wear makeup and glitter hairspray.

Nolan has had his Batman costume for awhile now and it's a favorite. He loved the muscles on it and he told me a few times "I'm really the real Batman right now!"

Robin was the cherry on top. He was so adorable and made the perfect sidekick.

Paul and I got in on the action with Wonder Woman and Captain America and had fun being the SUPER family.

We started trick or treating around 6 that evening and had so much fun. We drove the RZR to some farther streets and then nearby the kids rode their bikes from house to house. They loved it! We pushed Maverick in the stroller and he loved picking out candy from the buckets. The kids knew just what to do and had so much fun. Our neighborhood is a lot of fun on Halloween.. lots of outdoor movies, yummy treats like scones and lights and music. We even had a "Headless Horseman" riding the streets!

When we had finished trick or treating we came home and had dinner. Our kids love passing out the candy almost as much as giving the candy so whenever the doorbell rang it was exciting. Nolan took a few cues from Paul and was telling people "Nice costume!.. You look great!... Your welcome!" It was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment