10.08.2014

joys of motherhood: september

-At the park there are some little megaphone tubes to talk into that are supposed to let you talk to someone on the other side but Caitlin likes to pretend to take drive thru orders with them. So she was taking my order and at the end asked: "Do you want a drink?"
me: "Oh yes please, do you have Dr. Pepper?"
C: "yah we do! Do you want it messy?"
hahahaha I had to laugh... of course she was referring to my "Dirty" Dr. Pepper that I always get (dr. pepper with coconut flavoring)
-I knew that breastfeeding would bring with it plethora of interesting moments and situations with my kids, especially Caitlin who doesn't let anything get past her and is very curious and not afraid to ask a million questions until she feels like she understands the situation enough. Nolan hasn't really paid much attention, although the other day while I was feeding Maverick he said "Are you giving him his bottle?" and I said "Yah I'm feeding him some milk" and he laughed and said "noooo mommy.. you no have milk there! oh mommy you silly" haha. Caitlin however does know I have "mommy milk" and very often tells me that she really wishes she had some, asks if she can try to feed him like that, or asks when she will get some, or tells me "Mom the baby's crying he must need some mommy milk." She's also asked if she could help me squeeze my boob to get the milk out for him. Her questions and observations have made me laugh so hard.
-Another funny one was when the kids came to the hospital to see Maverick he had one of the little plastic camps on the end of his umbilical chord and it was light yellow. We were changing his diaper and Nolan notice the clamp and said "Oh, is that his French fry?" We thought it was so funny so we just went along with it then when we brought him home Nolan asked to see his french fry.
-Caitlin often creates original songs and now lullabies for the baby. The other day she starting singing and I was able to write down most of it as a sample: "Sweet dreams my baby let your powers shine and you will calm down and it will make you rhyme. Go to sleep go to sleep and go rest your body head. Let you dreams follow the destiny."
-The other day Caitlin randomly asked Paul, "When Maverick is a teenage will he still drink Mommy's milk?" We both laughed really hard at that one.
-Caitlin has started saying "BRB!!!" and runs out of the room to get something or do whatever she's doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment