2.12.2013

joys of motherhood: january

-Caitlin had some new socks on the other day with colorful polka dots on them. I said "Caitlin I like your socks" and she said "thanks they have polka dots" what two year old know what polka dots are?!
-the other morning I slipped getting out of the car in the garage after working out and it my arm on the car door. I came in and was telling Paul about it in front of Caitlin. A little while later while I was feeding her breakfast she said:
Caitlin: mommy did you get an ouchie?
Me: ya on my arm
C: (so concerned looking) oh... Sweetie..... I'm sorry.
-Caitlin got a memory matching game for Christmas so we were trying to teach her how to play it and find pairs of things. So we were picking up animals that were the same and saying "See? these are friends, they are the same one." She started picking up whichever ones she wanted and saying "Oh, yes, these are friends!" Obviously she didn't grasp the concept of matching but there's probably a lesson for me in there about everyone being about to be friends and not just sticking with someone who looks like you. She still calls it her "Friends game" whenever she wants to play.
-I recently had an appointment at the dermatologist.. I needed to get some moles checked and also Nolan has a birthmark on his head that my pediatrician wanted me to check. So I scheduled both of our appointments at the same time and of course Caitlin came along. I figured it might not go completely smoothly but i packed along the ipad and had high hopes that it wouldn't be that bad. cannot even stress what a massive miscalculation this was. Without going into graphic details lets just say there was magazines across the floor, very loud whining, an unzipped fly, wiggling, fussing, a paper top that was very exposing, a baby that wanted to roll off the table, and a very curious and in your face two year old all in front of our brand new dermatologist. I told Paul afterward that I had no more patience or dignity left for the day. I needed the sucker more than Caitlin after that appointment. The Dr. was nice but even he seemed a little daunted by our circus act we had going.
-Nolan is usually the most amazing and well behaved baby. When going into a situation I usually assume that Caitlin will act up before he does. But sometimes for whatever reason he decides to be the difficult one and it always throws me for a loop... Like wait! Who is this? This is not the baby I know! And unfortunately it's usually the times when I go into something assuming and counting on him to be good that he has a moment.
-Caitlin was looking at one of our wedding pictures in our room:
C: mommy and daddy at the temple!
Me: yah there we are, at the temple
C: get married
Me: ya we got married at the temple.
C: I want married
Me: where are you gonna get married?
C: the temple!
-The kids go to the Kid Care class while I work out a couple times a week and whenever I go get Caitlin afterward she says, "Good job on your workouts mom!" She knows I need the encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment