2.24.2011

Saying goodbye

I can't believe it but moving day is almost here and boxes are being packed. As I prepare to leave our little townhouse it's definitely not as easy as I thought it would be. This place has really become our HOME after living here for 3.5 years, our whole married life. I'm so excited to be moving on but also very sad to be leaving our precious pioneer village townhouse #8 behind. Paul and I were talking about some of the incredible things that have happened in this house or associated with this house and I wanted to write some down so I won't forget:
-we moved up to provo about a month after we were married with a trailer filled with everything. We drove the long 29 hours and arrived late at night. We had made plans to stay somewhere else but we were too excited about our new place so we decided to just come here. It was august and the power had not been turned on yet so it was pretty stifling but we dragged out our mattress and put in in the family room and crashed.
-the best thing without a doubt about living here has been the amazing people we have been able to surround ourselves and associate with. We have absolutely loved living so close to so many amazing friends and family awns that is definitely the thing I will miss the most. We have seen a lot of couples come and go but we have made such good memories and lasting friendships. We loved living by jeff and Melissa when we first moved here and hanging out with thhem literally every day. We have loved living by such close friends after them like the Barnes, the Owens, the Taylors, the Packs. There is always someone (or a lot of someones) to hang out with and talk to. I love that half my neighbors have a spare key to my house and sew all just come and go and borrow zas we please. I am positive I will never have as many awesome neighbors at one time as I have here, they have all blessed our lives in amazing and individual ways.
-another thing we've done a lot here is PARTY! we have had so many parties and fit way too many people into this tiny place. From Halloween to cinco de mayo to college sports to birthdays: any excuse for a party! I can't believe how many people we've crammed into this
place.
-Paul spent countless hours in our bedroom after he broke his back. This is where he recovered and was cared for and it was such great location to be close to his doctor. That wwas truly a life changing event for both of us.
-our good friend Chase Coleman opened his mission call here! I remember being so excited that he would want to come here to open it. I am so proud of him for serving a mission and servi the people of panama.
-I will definitely never forget the day that I was shocked to find out I was pregnant and then Paul and I went and sat in our bed for a long time and had a talk about our future and plans and what this news meant for us, where we both cried a lot of tears of joy.
- this is where mike and Jenna had their first date making pizzas and then where they got engaged a few months later! What an exciting time. It was so fun helping to set up their engagement and having our house be such a big part of it.
-bringing Caitlin home from the hospital to this house was a very emotional experience for me. I just love her little room and I couldn't wait to show her. I started crying as I stood with my new little baby in my arms in her room that I had been preparing for her for months. I couldn't believe the time had finally come. She has continued to bring a light to our home with her sweet spirit, which I know won't change no matter where we live
- we have had an amazing ward while living here. We have been going to a married student ward and I am really going to miss going to church where everyone is about the same age and at similar stages in life. We have been truly blessed as both Paul and I have had opportunities to learn and grow through serving in our ward. We have been blessed with amazing friends and a wonderful bishop.
- we have loved having tons of visitors throughout our time here (something that I hope won't stop!) and thank goodness they have all been gracious enough to sleep on a blow up mattress or couch!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss the townhouse too!
    It's crazy to think that that is where Mike and I had our first date and got engaged! It really is full of such great memories. Mike and I have loved being so close to you, paul, and caitlin.
    And now that you'll be in cedar hills, mike and I can't wait to hang with you guys in your HOUSE, and babysit caitlin :)
    More great memories to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cortney, this post made my teary just reading all the special events that took place in your first home. I can hardly believe it's been three and a half years! It seems like your wedding reception in Austin wasn't that long ago! I'm so excited for the future for you and Paul and love to see the progression in life for young couples. You will be a strength and joy to all the older women in your new ward who will just adore you and learn from you! Good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete