5.08.2015

Easter

"Easter Sunday" at church was actually March 22nd so the kids wore their Easter outfits and Caitlin sang the most beautiful song with the Primary kids. It was called "Gethsemane" and she knew it really well. It told the story of Jesus' trial in Gethsemane and the chorus: "Gethsemane... Jesus loves me! So he went willingingly, to Gethsemane"








Easter Egg dying FHE on March 30th. We tried the "tie dye bag method" where you squirt dye in a bag and put in the egg and smoosh it around. It was a success without so much mess. Plus there was glitter so that's always a win.

We also went to an Easter play date (3.31) and had lunch and an egg hunt!

Easter Sunday was April 5th. Having Easter the same weekend as General Conference makes for an uplifting although very jam-packed couple of days. We did our best to mix all the Easter traditions along with the Conference ones and in the end enjoyed a nice day with family and food and treats and fun.

The church produced an Easter movie on mormon.org/Easter "Because He Lives" and it is beautiful. I watched it with the kids and they kept asking for it again and again. We watched it probably 4 times in a row and I could never get through reading the captions without crying! Finally Caitlin asked before we started it "Mom can you just read it in a normal voice this time?" I truly do love our Savior. Caitlin has been full of questions about the atonement and why Jesus did what he did and it's been so good for me to explain it in a simple way that she will understand and to let her know that He Lives and see that little testimony seed in her start to grow. Because He Lives he leads and guides my path every day and has felt all the sorrows or happiness I ever have or ever will feel. I love my Savior and I am incredibly blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment