1.27.2015

joys of motherhood: december

I can tell I've been really busy when I haven't had time to write down all the funny things my kids are saying. They are constantly making me laugh and making me thing about things from a different perspective and I love that. I don't ever want to take for granted the funny little moments and the cute things they say.

-We were in a casual restaurant and had just finished eating. We were gathering up our trash, putting on coats, etc. getting ready to leave and all of the sudden we saw and heard a huge spray of water over by the back window of the restaurant. My first thought was that a car had driven past and sprayed the window then I realized a car couldn't have gotten close enough and also why would the water be STILL SPRAYING? In the 3 seconds it took for me to have these thoughts Paul and I looked at each other and said "Nolan!" We ran back there and turned off the water... which turned out to be a huge water valve like you would see in utility closet that the firemen plug into. I don't know why this restaurant had it out in the open.. so accessible for little hands! We let a worker know what had happened and surveyed the area for damage.. all of it looked like it would dry off without problems so we quickly made an exit! Watch out for wandering curious little boys!

-In the course of one dinnertime prayer, these are some of the things Caitlin said: 
Please bless that no dragons will get us-- they're just pretend
Please bless that no gingerbread cookies will get away
Please help us so we won't be naughty for Jesus
Please bless that Christmas will come

-Maverick still is very fair and still looks like he has no eyebrows and it's a source of worry for Nolan. Whenever we are looking at him together Nolan will say "But Maverick has no eyebrows!!" haha they are just really light. 

-I've been telling the kids the Nativity story and Caitlin always asks "But why did Jesus have a glow when he was born?" A lot of pictures she's seen Jesus is glowing and she always wants to know how he can be born like that. And if I ever tell the story and leave that out she will quickly add in "and after he was born he had a glow"

-Backseat conversation:
Nolan: I going to be a big daddy and be tall tall tall. and I going to marry Caitlin.

Caitlin: oh haha ok I'll marry you... Because you're funny!
(i didn't have the heart to tell them they cant get married... it all seemed fairly logical to me)

-Conversation with Caitlin:
me: Who's your favorite friend at school?
C: We'll NOT Maddox... He always tries to stand by me in line and sit by me. And we were taking pictures the other day and he kissed me on the cheek.... Daddy would really not like that!

Right she was too.. Daddy didn't like it. Apparently this little boy has quite the crush on Caitlin and would sneak a kiss on the cheek whenever possible. I started asking Caitlin about it and we tried to tell her ways to handle it (Like say "no thank you" or "my daddy doesn't want boys to kiss me") and the whole situation was making her really uncomfortable. I think both him kissing her and also the fact that she knew mom and dad didn't want him to and she felt scared to speak up. she even got the the point where she said she didn't want to go to school. (This was all happening over like a week and a half) I talked to her teacher and luckily the situation was being handled... the teacher had spoken with both the little boy and his parents and they were trying to teach him not to. The teacher said this little boy is just enamored with Caitlin and loves to be around her and she said Caitlin is not flirty or asking for it but she is very sweet and nice to him and helps him in class. I just wanted to make sure that things stayed friendly because Caitlin has so many little boys that are just friends and she is very innocent that way and doesn't think romantically and I want it to stay that way for as long as possible. Never thought we'd have to be fighting off the boys in preschool!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment