1.27.2011

5 months old

Caitlin at 5 months is:
-Still a wonderful baby! She really is my little pride and joy. I get excited to see her every morning and I miss her after she goes to bed at night ( most times).
-She sleeps through the night. We usually put her to bed between 8:30-9:00 PM and she wakes up between 8-9AM. I know, I'm counting my blessings.
-I LOVE waking her up in the morning because she usually just waked up and talks in her crib and then when we go in to get her she is so happy to see us I love starting my day with her.
-Eating 4 times a day, 7 ounces of milk plus 1-2 times with rice cereal. She's not loving eating off of a spoon but she is getting better. She LOVES getting her bottle. She grabs it when she sees it and usually will hold it by herself.
-Likes to grab for anything, especially my hair and neck. And toys. She's got a death grip.
-Smiles, laughs and talks a lot throughout the day.
-Usually Takes good morning naps, but only really short afternoon ones.
-Still loves her binky and being snuggled in a blanket to go to sleep.
-Still loves bath time.
-Loves to be kissed and tickled and loves give wet slobbery kisses back. Maybe gross if you're not one of her parents but I love it.
-Still spits up a lot... that's been an unfortunate/embarrassing event a few times.
-Continues to dazzle us by rolling over a couple times a day. Also scoots a lot. I'll put her down and minutes later she'll be a couple feet away or turned around facing the opposite direction. I still don't know exactly how she does it.
-She can sit up for a few seconds by herself, and sits really well when supported.
-Still talks a lot and has recently learned to make this really high-pitched squeal/squeaky noise. It's really funny and a little bit weird after awhile when I'm pushing her stroller and these loud bird-like noises are coming out. Sometimes she will really get on a roll and starts talking and just never stops. And she really thinks everyone is listening to her and she is part of the conversation. And at that point, she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment