10.11.2009

the mighty hunters

Jeff came up to visit for a few days and he and Paul, and a couple others went up hunting. They were hunting elk and Paul was successful! He shot an elk and we will now have another well stocked freezer. It was a really hard-core hunt out of Immigration Canyon. I went and picked them up on Thursday night and I was scared just being up there in the mountains in my warm car! They carried packs that weighed about 100 lbs. and camped overnight and everything. When I picked them up I found two very hungry, cold and exhausted boys. But I think they still had fun. If anyone needs jerky let us know!
Here they are weighing their packs when they got home.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

we also acquired this little beauty in the process... an extra freezer for all the meat. oh joy.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment